Sunday, November 4, 2007

Marley and Me

Title: Marley and Me
Author: John Grogan
Harper, 2007 (2006)

I really like dogs. I like their attitude to life, their antics and pranks. This is especially true of big dogs, real dogs. I'm not much for the small, poochie kind. And maybe that is why I appreciated this memoir so much. It is the memoir of Marley the dog really, told by his loving owner John, who got Marley with his wife, started a family and raised it during Marley's lifetime. Marley has a larger-than-life personality and he reminds me of the dog my au pair family had when I stayed there - Phoebe! No manners, eats everything and loves you to death! For everyone who loves dogs this is an easy, amusing read - except at the end when, I admit, tears poored down my cheeks. Because, well you know how all good dog lives end eventually... Read it and laugh - and weep!

No comments: