Friday, August 31, 2007

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Author: J.K. Rowlings
Bloomsbury, 2006 (2005)

When I read this part last summer I felt unable to savour it as I wanted to because it had been several years since I read H. P. and the Order of the Phoenix. I simply did not remember enough of its predecessor to appreciate the sixth part. Well, by golly, I appreciate it now! This is a perfect lay-up for the crescendo of magic I expect from the finale. I actually had a night-mare about Potter a few nights ago that would never end and when I woke up I told myself that maybe I should take a break from Potter. Well, nothing can stop me now. Full tilt ahead!

PS. I know I walked away from this part last time around believing that Dumbledore might still be right about Snape being a good guy, and although there are some signs that speaks in favour of that, it does not look good for old Snape. Nothing short of Dumbledore knowingly staging his own death can vindicate Severus. I just wanted this noted before I moved on, in case I am right...

No comments: