Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Author: J.K. Rowling
Bloomsbury, 2007

Well, I think most Potterists should be more than satisfied with this grande finale. There are enough detours from the original plot structure to make the last part special, but the major theme that holds the series together is dominant: the power of love over evil.

Harry Potter stills bugs the bejesus out of me. He is pompous and as always, quite thick. My favourite was always Hermione and to me she is the true heroine. I could also live without the gender stereotypes, but just as Potter's lack of smarts that is true for all the parts in the series.

All in all, Rowling has done well in this last part and it is very enjoyable.I read the novel gluttonously, non-stop and everything I expected and wanted, I got: a full revelation of the secrets of the past, new, fantastic wizard lore and a magnificent, final show-down where all the people I have come to know and love did their best to beat Voldemort.

No comments: